1) If the Sibelius Scorch plugin is not installed on Internet Explorer, the browser will warn you of a missing plugin (ActiveX Control) on a (yellow) bar at the top of the window and in the space dedicated to the sheet music on a white part with a warning sign and a message to invite you to install the missing plugin.
Click either on the top bar or in the white part and in the little menu that popups select the "Install ActiveX Control" item.
Note : on some computers Internet Explorer will be set to automatically install missing plugins, therefore you will be presented with the step 2 window without having to do anything first.
2) You're are presented a window asking for confirmation of the plugin installation, giving you the name of the plugin and the name of the manufacturer. Click on the "Install" button to confirm
3) Once the installation program launched, click on the "Next" button on the first screnn.
4) Then on "I Agree".
5) Then on "Finish".
The installation program then copy the required files.
6) Finally, Click on the "Finish" button. Despite the message, most of windows version since Windows 98 won't require a reboot, so don't bother with this last warning.
7) Once the plugin installed, the sheet music (and all sheet music of the site) should display correctly without further action. If not directly, try to press the F5 key in order to refresh the page display. If the sheet music is correctly displayed, then you'll be able to take advantage of the interactivity with all the sheet music of our site
You can find more informations on the plugin functions on the Sibelius Scorch page.
8) If the sheet music is not correctly displayed even after the plugin installation, then try to close and restart your browser, and if still nothing, check if the plugin was correctly instaaled by going to the "Tools" menu and selecting the "Manage complementary modules" option.
9) Check that the plugin is correctly installed by finding the "ScorchPlugin Class" in the list (checked out in red here below). Check also that the "Activate" option is correctly set at the bottom of the page, selecting it if necessary. If you cannot find the "ScorchPlugin Class" line even after have restarted your browser then restart the installation process from the start
10) If the "ScorchPlugin Class" line is present in the list, but the sheet music are still not displayed, maybe the security parameters of your browser are set to a level that do not allow the execution of plugins. To check this, please go to the "Tools" menu then select the "Internet Options" item. Once in the options window, select the Security tab.
11) The standard by default security level is "Medium". If the level on your computer is set to "High" or "Customized", then you must check and set if not certain options in order to allow the execution and display of plugins.
In order to modify those options click on the "Customize level" button
12) Find the "Execute ActiveX controls and plugins" in the list and set it to "Activate" if not.
13) Then find the "Active Scripting" option, and set it to "Activate" too.
14) Click on the "Ok" button to take those new parameters in account.
Sheet music should then be displayed and usable. if not try a F5 key press or to close and restart you browser.
If after all those parameters checked and correctly set, it still doesn't work correctly, then you can email us your specific problem on the "Contact Us" page, providing us with possible error message you encountered, and also the version of your Windows and Internet Explorer.